After my last visit to my ‘2011 targetwater, I’ve had a very busy time so it took me a month for finding time for fishing a proper overnight session over there and I only had time for some morning and evening sessions instead. Last week was different, I kept my eyes on the forecast and in particular on the direction of the wind for the days before the session. I decided to bait up the south-west corner of the lake with 2 kgs of 15 and 20mm
Liver-B8 boilies each day, starting 3 days before the session.
The presentation was simple, a critically balanced hookbait, made of a half pop-up and a half sinking 15mm Liver-B8 boilie. The rig was pulled through a pva-bag wich was filled with chopped boilies, maximum action and mini-mix pellets.
The spots were 40 and 45 yards out and situated on a clear area in the weedbed. The expectations were high, cloudy skies and the wind was blowing like it was autumn, carpy situations in my eyes.
I got my First take around 24.00, sadly it was a bream, a really big one though but not the specie we’re waiting for. But then one hour later I got a screaming take, followed by a intense fight, but after 20 minutes a good mirror rolled into my landingnet. I straightly knew that it was a good fish and the scale confirmed my thought, the needle stopped at 33,9lb! Well pleased with this first thirty of this water, I consider this fish as my first reward for all the effort I’ve put into this water and it gives me confidence that I’m getting closer to catching the two big commons. To be continued…